Monday 30 June 2014

Scrapbook - Page #1: You & I (Cover Page)

This post is the FIRST POST in a series.

If you're reading this on your mobile device, click here to read it in your browser. Please click on the pictures for a better view and larger images.

I am so excited to be able to share this new scrapbook with you because with experience, this one has turned out to be waaay better than I expected. Also, I made this when I had just purchased some new craft supplies. Actually, some is an understatement; I had purchased a whole lot, and I used quite a bit of those in this scrapbook.

Here's a glimpse of all the yummy stuff I had bought!!
**drooling**

So anyway, this scrapbook has five pages in all, including the cover and all pages except the cover
are created using papers from Crate Paper's Flea Market 12" x 12" Collection! 
I am in love with that collection, so much that I want to use them all (whatever is left of it) 
for my personal pages!! :P :P

Anyway, for the cover page I have used a sheet from DCWV's My Sunshine 12" x 12" Paper Pad.
It had a nice, clean background that allowed me to do lots with the embellishments.

Let me start by giving you a peek of the various elements!

Chevron Wood Veneers were something I fell in love with instantly and instead of using them as chevrons,
I used them as arrows! :)
I also did the page title using Memory Box's Classic Lower Case Alphabet Dies on White CS.
And I did some stitching with my Sew Easy Tool!

For the main title, I used Amy Tangerine's Journal White Thickers.


Here's what the top of the page looked like...

As this was the cover page, I decided keep all the embellishments to the center of the page.
However, a few elements drifted here and there..

Here's a piece cut out from Dear Lizzy's Dreamy Days 12" x 12" sheet from the Neapolitan collection.

Below that I added a chipboard sticker from My Mind's Eye's Nostalgia Collection.

A few buttons with twine interlaced through them.
Buttons - destashed by Karuna
Twine - My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart Be Happy.

Using the same jute-like twine, I created banners from left over PPs 
but in the same colour scheme as the buttons.
This was done on the top right corner of a small cute piece of PP cut out from
one of the 12" x 12" sheets from the Flea Market Collection.

To the right of that, I added some cute little words, also cut out from PPs 
and some with banner-like edges..

As one piece said 'Adventures Begin Here' I added a Wood Veneer Bicycle :)


I also added two human Wood Veneer Figures - the You & I - and layered them with stickles glitter!


Here's what the second half of the page looked like...

And here's a look at the complete page!!!! :)

Here's the list of products used to create this page...



There are four more pages to go, but I won't show them all to you just yet! :P There are other projects waiting to be shared...

But this is a good start to the week!! I'll see you again in a couple of days!

Till then,
Have a great week!

Love,
Nikita.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!