Saturday 16 January 2016

2-0-1-6 Recipe Challenge | Lulupu Design Team

Good morning!

If you're not here from the Lulupu Blog, let me give you some background information. I am sharing my Design Team project for January's Challenge and here's what the theme is.

Challenge #57

2-0-1-6 Recipe Challenge

Read all challenge rules here

Specific Rules for Challenge #57 are:
1. Create any project - Card, LO, Mixed Media, Alterered Art, 3D Project, etc.
2. Use the ingrdients given below and apply 2-0-1-6 to the Recipe
  • Stamps (any kind - clear, wood mounted, digital, etc.)
  • Washi Tape
  • Patterned Papers, and
  • Diecuts and/or flowers (only die cuts, only flowers or a mix of both)
For example: 2 Diecuts, 0 Washi Tape, Stamp (or stamp set) and 6 Patterned Papers.
State the recipe in your post clearly as I will do for my project, below.

3. You may use other items on your project, but please ensure that the above mentioned items are the focus of the project and are easily visible.

4. Last Day for submission of entries: 31 January, 2016 11:55 PM IST


So for my project I have made a Photo Wallet and here's the recipe I have used:
2 - Patterned Papers
0 - Stamps
1 - Washi Tape
6 - Die Cuts

My photo wallet is nothing but a 4" x 4" Accordion Card with a flap and with photos inside. Here's the front.


All three pieces on the front are die cuts (3/6) from Simple Stories' Mouse & Co collection's Say Cheese Insta Squares & Pieces.


The little heart in the centre is a brad and I added that because I wanted the circle to move. In the image below, you can see the difference,


Flap is made by adhering two pieces of the same PP (so that the white side is hidden.) I have used a Velcro Dot in the front & glue dots in the back. 


Upon opening the wallet, here's what the insides look like. Inside I added a few pictures of me and my husband. Two of the pictures had a very different colour scheme than papers and the die cuts, so I printed them in greyscale. :)

You can see the two patterened papers I have used. They are both from Studio Calico's Print Shop 12x12 Paper Pad.
(2/2 Paper Pads)
You can also see the Black and White Washi Tape I have used
(1/1 Washi Tape)

Close-up pictures below.

The "I Love This" is a die cut from Mouse & Co
(4/6 Die Cuts)


The "We are here now" is also a die cut from Mouse & Co
(5/6 Die Cuts)


And finally, "Real Magic", also a die cut from Mouse & Co
(6/6 Die Cuts)


On this last empty page, I plan to do some journaling. :) 

Here's what it looks like on the reverse.
I didn't want to keep it white so I added PP to the back as well. :) 


That's all I have for now.

Now all you have to do is, go back to the main post on Lulupu Blog, and submit your link there. :)

SUPPLIES

From Lulupu


From my stash

Brad
Glue Dots

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Accordion album ,love it! Great to see you back on Lulupu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shilpa! I am happy to be back! :)

      Delete
  2. Your photo wallet is just amazing !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-* :-* Waiting to see yours ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully created accordion card Nikita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and i love ur accordion !! The challenge seems fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photo wallet! Waiting for more exciting & wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Nikita! Love the velro fastener and your photos are awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Acordian Album!! Front Die cuts are awesome!

    Shirley
    http://shirleyvicky.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!