Friday 17 October 2014

Blog Hop | Lulupu - Sparkle with Prima - Day 7



Hello Everyone!!!

Most of you must have reached my blog either from Jaya's blog or the Lulupu blog. Others, wow! I'm surprised you're here because I haven't posted since... let's see...August! Wow that has been looong. I am here today because of a reason.. Lulupu's Sparkle with Prima Blog Hop and today is Day 7. 

If you haven't reached here from Jaya's blog, click HERE to go to the beginning of the hop and then find your way back!

Nikita  <--- YOU ARE HERE




Before I move on to my projects, I want to share a bit about this challenge and Blog Hop. It's an 'Anything Goes' challenge where you have to use maximum products from Prima Marketing and add glitter/bling to the project. That's it! :)

Also, there's a secret prize for one commenter from one of the blogs in the blog hop. So make sure you've commented on all of them because we don't know which blog is the lucky one. :D :D There are loads, I mean literally loads, of goodies to be won too. So check out the main post at the Lulupu Blog  --> here.

Okay.. So let's get on to my project :D

As it has always been, I use Lulupu DT projects to get my personal work done, because I know that otherwise, I'll never get around to doing it. I still have a pre-wedding scrapbook that has only 3 LOs in it, so you can imagine.

Anyway, for this project, I decided to document my 1st Anniversary trip to Goa. I made three pages (one for each day) and only the last two totally conform to the challenge guidelines. So you can disregard the first one. I'm still sharing it here because, well, it's related to the other two pages in terms of style and embellishments used.

DAY 1: February 13, 2014

The base PP is from Studio Calico's Print Shop Collection.
The only things 'Prima' about this page are:
1. The C is for coffe & Cup and Saucer die-cuts and the off white twine from the Coffee Break Die Cuts.
2. The little cup and spoon charms on the Yellow Hello.
This page has no bling at all.

Here are a few close-ups.
On every page, I have added the date in Wood Veneer Letters and the day. The day(s) is(are) a die-cut(s) from My Mind's Eye's Ashbury Heights Gold Foil Cardstock Die-cuts. If that gold counts as bling, then even this one makes the cut. ;) 







Now this page is from Prima's Cigar Box Collection.
Other stuff from Prima, includes the little metal charm hanging from the clothesline on the right hand side. The charm is also from the Coffee Break Die Cuts. 

The bling on this page will also be the die cuts from My Mind's Eye's Ashbury Heights Gold Foil Collection. Apart from the gold on the 'Friday' tag, there's a lot of shine and sparkle on the "Just the two of us" banner and the ampersand. I've also added stickles glitter on the little bluish-green heart.
Also, the thickers used to spell the name of the location, are shiny!! :D

A few close-ups!




I've added a thick layer of Glossy Accents on the 'A' sticker above and the 'hello' below, and my camera is being a b*tch and not getting it right in the picture. I love the glossy 'hello' though!! Looks like some candy, what with it being so colourful and all ;)


And the last and final page.. the actual day of our anniversary... a day that we began on the beach, lying on sun-beds, reading (me) and listening to music(us) and drinking (me) :P

The red PP is from Prima's Cigar Box Collection and I wanted this to be a 12x12 layout so I adhered the A4 sheet on a blank white 12x12 CS.

For the bling, I have used Prima's Gold Mica Flakes and stickles glitter on all the wood veneer pieces, sequins from the Coffee Break Die Cut Collection by Prima.

As usual, I did some stitching on this. Couldn't stop myself in spite of deciding beforehand that I wouldn't stitch! But I loved the result so it doesn't matter. :D
Also, the trim/ribbon on the right side, is also Prima. 

Here are a few close-ups..



That's all for now!! Hope you guys are gearing up to make something cool for the challenge!! Before I take your leave and return to my hibernation, here's a list of products used from the Lulupu Store.


And remember, your next stop is Hussena. She'll post any time in the next couple of days. So keep an eye out for her post!

Till then,
Happy Crafting & Happy Diwali in advance!! :D

Love,
Nikita... :)

16 comments:

  1. Superb Layouts Nikita !!
    Love them all !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Scrapbook pages/layout Nikita :) :) all the embellishments/wood veneers are giving a life to the memories !! Love It !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waoh! Niki loved every layout & each bit of it ! I am soo tempted with all the stuffs used :) Its awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very romantic LO Nikita...what a lovely way to recap those moments and that too with so may Prima goodies! Very nice.Hugs, Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout. Love the glares. Looks very pretty.....romantic:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Layouts Nikita!!! All of them are amazing!!! but I liked the last one most!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful LOs Nikita ! All three have a playful look to them..something,some movement going on the whole page :) Loved how you have used the embellishments ,diecuts .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb Layouts Nikitha.. love the cute details you added in every layout.. great collection of sweet moments.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! :) love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved all the LO and their tiny details! sweeeet project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful layouts :)I love the balance in adding the embellishments & all the little details.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful layouts. Very Very beautiful handwriting which makes the layout even more lovely. Nice to know about the prima products in each bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and beautiful layout, Nikita!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lulupu blog hop event this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came here through LULUPU and glad to have found your blog Nikita! What a great layout and the card (on lulupu)! I am your latest follower too... By fluke, I am also finding a little blog hop here.. :D
    Thansk so much.. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!