Saturday 5 July 2014

Scrapbook - Page #2: Double Delight!

This post is the SECOND POST in a series of posts. To read all posts in this series, click here.


See first page here...

If you're reading this on your mobile device, click here to read this in your browser.
Click on the pictures for a better view and larger images.

All the pages in this scrapbook (so far, there are only five, including the cover. I am hoping I will get the opportunity to add more later) have a story to tell. 

Page #1 - Cover
Page #2 - When the couple's engagement was finalised/Roka done on her birthday (thus the page title)
Page #3 - Courtship
Page #4 - Wedding, and finally,
Page #5 - Honeymoon.

Now that I've explained the story behind the page title, let me reveal (again) that I was making this was around the time I had purchased a load of new craft supplies and Crate Paper's Flea Market collection was nothing like I'd seen before. To add to my delight and absolute craftasgmic pleasure, the die cuts from Kaisercraft's Hopscotch Collection co-ordinated so well with the papers that I am tempted to call this scrapbook the Flea Market Hopscotch Scrapbook. You know what, maybe I will! It's my creation, I get to call it whatever I want!!

And put those two together with some gorgeous washi tapes and wood veneers and we have ourselves a couple of fascinating pages! Here's one for sure.. Alright, I'll try and be humbler from this point forward.. :P

For this page, I used a teal coloured wood-grain background.
To the top of the page, I cut out a strip from on of the 12 x 12 sheets from DCWV's My Sunshine Paper Pad,
adhered it with only a little bit of glue and then and ran my Sew Easy tool over it.
So the upper section is actually stitched together by hand and will hold up even if the glue doesn't - not that it won't. :)
For the page title, I used two things...
a) American Crafts & Pebbles' Walnut Grove Thickers - DOUBLE
b) Studio Calico's Wood Veneer Alphabets - {DELIGHT}
A close up of the Double Delight...


I adhered the pictures and other embellishments to the left of the page
as I planned to write a loooong message on the right.
And how, how, how could I not use washi tapes?
I have added bits of tape torn by hand to the edges of pictures.
The other two pieces (flower and leaf) are from Hopscotch Die Cuts
with some stickles added in the center of the flower.

This one, also from Hopscotch!

The 'I couldn't be happier' is cut out from one of the 12x12 sheets that Karuna Destashed.
'It's a good day' is from Echo Park's - For the Record 2, Documented Collection.
The Chipboard Butterfly is from Crate Paper's Pretty Party Collection (left overs from my Lulupu DT kit)

'Lovely' is cut out from one of the phrases sheet from Flea Market.

'The Best Day Ever' is from Echo Park's Happy Days collection. 
This made up the cluster of photos and embellishments on the left hand side of the page.
The colours on one of the pictures matched well with this, but the other one didn't.
Simple solution - I converted the other image to B&W, and that goes with EVERYTHING!! :D :D

Another look at the photo-embellishment cluster!

And here's the complete page.. 
I did the journaling myself. :)

Here are the products used to make this page... :)


That's all for today... I haven't decided what I'll be sharing next!! So let there be a surprise element!! ;)

Till then,
Have a great crafty weekend!

Love,
Nikita... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!