Thursday 15 August 2013

Lulupu Challenge #15 - Weather or Not!

Hola!!

I know I said somewhere that I won't post this often, but there's a huge backlog that needs to be cleared. So for a few days, there will be frequent posts; please bear with me.

Anyway, I already shared a sneak peek of this card two weeks ago, and even though this has appeared on the Lulupu Blog, I want to share this here as well. So I am copying everything I wrote, but I'll make a few changes as necessary. :)

As I said earlier, I made this card for Lulupu's Challenge #15 which required us to... {I am just pasting the rules here...}
1. Create a card, layout, altered project, tag, 3D project... absolutely anything, that depicts the weather
It may be the weather you are currently experiencing or you could choose to show Summer, Spring, Winter, Autumn, or the Rains, on your project. You could also create a view of some place like the beach or the mountainside with a sparkling river and boats on them or a clear starry summer sky. {Enough ideas from me. I need to shut up!)

2. However, the project must show a scene and not just one element of the weather
For example, one snowflake on your project, will not equal a winter scene. Similarly, one umbrella, will not equal a rainy scene. Paint a picture for us (so to speak).. think of your project as a canvas and go crazy.
Now, ever since I made this card for BGC's The Sky is the Limit Challenge and I outlined the clouds witStickles, I wanted to make a 'Every Cloud has a Silver Lining' type of a card. And with the rains pouring down here in Mumbai for the past few weeks, bam, I could mix both and make a card for this challenge.

I think this is the first sad card I have made and I hope I don't have to use it ever, but I think it's cute enough to actually cheer someone up if they are feeling low. :)

I made a sky background on my card using a cloud stencil that I made out of card stock and instead of making the clouds bright, I made them dark using Pumice Stone Distress Ink instead of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then cut out some clouds using the cute Puffy Clouds Memory Box Die and outlined EVERY SINGLE CLOUD with Stickles. How else could I justify the sentiment??? :P

Just the clouds with the silver lining would look empty and not a 'scene.' So I added a few more things in the mix.. Quilled Raindrops, to start with.. :)


Then, I wanted to say "Hang in There" and I did that literally, by making an umbrella hang upside down, taking its support on a die-cut cloud and having a racoon peek out from it.. Don't believe me? Look at this!!


Both, the Umbrella as well as the Racoon are stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa ink on PP and fussy cut. The umbrella also involves a bit of paper piecing using leftover PP. I then mounted them on foam squares (cut to a smaller size wherever necessary) and adhered them to the card. :)

And now for the sentiment. Obviously, I didn't have a stamp set that said what I wanted. So I printed the sentiment out.. :D


And here's the complete card. Simple and quick :)



Now you decide, Weather or Not.. :P

If you are inspired enough to play along, please do so.. You have till the end of this month to make something.. Once you're ready, add your link to the Inlinkz tool here.The list will close at 11:55 PM IST on August 31, 2013. :)

Here are the products I used to make this card..




Other Products




Have a nice day!! And oh, Happy Independence Day!!! :D

Love,
Nikita... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!