Sunday 19 June 2016

Memories Last Forever | Watercolouring + Quilling

This project was created as a Design Team Project for Pretty Paper Studio and this post first appeared in August 2015 on Pretty Paper Studio's Blog.

Hello, everyone! I'm here to share yet another project. This one, as already mentioned above, was created for PPS's Colouring Challenge. At the time, I was just getting slightly better at brush lettering than when I began a few months ago. So I decided to make something that could be framed.

I combined water colouring, brush lettering, and Quilling in my project. Here's what I made. I thought I'd get it framed but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet :P Soon, hopefully :)


While I researched water colouring techniques, I came across what's known as a water colour wash and decided to use that technique when I created the background on the water colour paper that came in my DT kit.

Then I sprayed some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Citron Mist and added the sentiment.

Even though I painted the words over the shimmer, it is visible through the lettering. I'm not sure how well you can see this in the image, but the words are shining.

Next, I added a Blue Feather from Prima's Bedtime Story collection and then added Quilled Swirls around it.

Here are a few close-up shots of my project.

That's all I have for now. I'll be back during the week with another post.

Tools & Supplies used

1. Strathmore Watercolour Paper*
2. Faber Castell Mix & Match Deluxe Water Brush*
3. Camel Watercolour Paints (Locally Purchased)
4. Heidi Swapp Color Shine Citron Spray Mist*
5. Quilled Creations Slotted Needle
6. Quilled Creations Quilling Tweezers
7. Quilled Creations Fine Tip Scissors
8. Quilled Creations Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle
9. Quilled Creations Ivory Quilling Paper 3mm
10. Quilled Creations Light Brown Quilling Paper 3mm
11. Quilled Creations Blue Quilling Paper 3mm
12. Quilled Creations Yellow Quilling Paper 3mm
13. Cup Sequins - Baby*
14. Cup Sequins - Metallics*
15. Prima Marketing Bedtime Story Chipboard Stickers & More*
16. Fevicol (diluted with water)

*products received as a part of my DT kit and linked to PPS's store.

You might also like


  

2 comments:

Leave me some love!