Tuesday 28 May 2013

Mother's Day Pocket Card with Tilda

I was really excited about Mother's Day and was really looking forward to making cards for the occasion; especially since I had been able to lay my hands on two of the Magnolia Stamps on the Lulupu Store. It was almost as if I was looking for an opportunity to use them; itching to use them, actually. So when my friend Kamya said that she wanted me to make a card for her mother, I immediately stamped Tilda Loves Flowers & Tilda with Daisy on paper and showed them both to her while we were chatting on Skype.

She loved them both, but she liked Tilda Loves Flowers more. So I decided to go with that. Excited that I was, I started to colour her up immediately, just to get an idea of what the final coloured image would look like. Here are the two options I tried. But ultimately, I picked some colours from the first combination and some, from the second. And it turned out to be beautiful.


Excuse the hazy pink shade on her right hand. I used the other side of this page as a base for distressing and then clicked this picture. :)

I also tried coloring Tilda with Daisy, just because I was having so much fun!! :P
When I asked Kamya what else she wanted on the card, she told me that she liked the Pocket Cards I had made and she was in love with the Quilled Gift Boxed I had made on this card here.. 

This is a very old card. I made this in August 2011 for my Uncles' Birthdays. Yes, I have two Uncles with birthdays barely two weeks apart. So I made identical cards for both of them. I am hoping to write a detailed blog about this card soon. There are a lot of old cards to be covered on this blog. :)
So I kind of knew what I was going to make and this is what I made... :)


A closer look at the Trinket, Twine, Chipboard Sticker, Alphabet Stickers and Pearls.


Tilda - All dolled up and coloured. I added stickles glitter to the flowers and loved the sparkly look. :)

Tilda looked weird stamped on plain paper. So I drew some grass on regular paper and cut it out with scissors.  I then distressed it with Crushed Olive & Peeled Paint. 


I used the alphabet stickers from Echo Park's  Happy Day 12x12 Collection Kit. And of course, grammar  freak that I am, I added the apostrophe by hand. :P

The trinket is from Maya Road and the Twine is from My Mind's Eye Follow your Heart Collection.

Here is a complete list of products used to make this card.

Products from Lulupu


Other Products Used (Linked to Simon Says Stamp)
1. Card stock - Locally Purchased
2. Colours for Tilda - Faber Castell Watercolour Pencils
3. Quilling Strips from Quilled Creations.
   ...and...





Stay tuned for more details and stories behind old and new cards. This blog has been lying idle for too long. It's time to bring this place to life. :)

2 comments:

Leave me some love!