Thursday 24 October 2013

Another Accordion Card: Eight Flaps this time! :)

Hmmmm.. So when was the last post on this blog? A little over a month ago. And the project I am about to share was made even before that... September 16, to be more exact.. (According to the image details :P) But I am here and I have loads of stuff to share.

For today's project, I have another Accordion Card and this one has 8 flaps. That's a lot. The first one I made had four, the next one, six and this one eight. I have a feeling the one after this might have ten; based on the trend. I may as well call it an Accordion Album, but we'll get to that when it happens.

Anyway, this was another Happy Birthday Card from a group of friends for one special girl. Let's start with the peeks of the outside of the card, shall we?

Please click on the image to see larger versions of it.


I almost always have some stitching on my projects, but this time I decided to just do some piercings on the PP and NOT stitch. So the PP on the outside as well as on the inside has that on all four sides.
I also made a banner by folding a few circles punched out of various scrap PPs.
The card also has a lot of fussy cut butterflies.

The small ones are from this PP from My Mind's Eye's 
Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 Pad

And the larger butterflies on this page are from this PP from Jillibean Soup's Blossom Soup 6x6 Pad

So after the butterflies, I thought it would be a good idea to add a cupcake. After all, it was a Birthday Card. :)

I printed the sentiment out on the computer using a really cute font. Originally, I wanted to write it using twine, but since the work area was pretty small, I couldn't do that. :( So I had to manage with a printed sentiment.

However, I am happy to let you know that I did manage writing with twine on another project. :D :D

Here's a peek of that. :)


Anyway, coming back to the card in question.. here are a few more pictures.

And finally, here's what the complete front of the card looks like.


 I added a nice organza ribbon to hold the whole card togther.


Here's a side view of the card. Can you see the bulk?? I was worried whether the ribbon would be strong enough to hold it together and to my relief, it was. :)


Now let's take a look at the inside. Five people contributed the content for the inside. They were so enthusiastic that their messages ran into pages. Even after I reduced the font side, one message was 3 A4 pages long.  So, instead of having the messages printed directly on one of the flaps, I added pouches so that they could hold the messages.

I folded the papers and tied the same organza ribbon around them. However, the pouch wasn't big enough to hold three folded pages. So I had to add another pouch at the back of the card, to hold the extra page. ;)

The design on the inside is similar to the outside. I have used Patterened Papers from various Echo Park collections, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye, etc. and then pierced the PP with a needle on all four sides.I then added butterflies to adorn the panels. To add a little more fun, I used stickers from various Echo Park collections to write the name of the Birthday Girl's friends on the pouches so that she could know who the message was from :)

Take a look.. :)


This is the panel on the extreme left. It has fabric tape on the top and the first panel with a friend's picture. The next few pictures are of the other panels/flaps from left to right :)




 

 

Phew!! I am so happy I was able to share this!! Finally!! I have a few more projects that I will be sharing, soon and regularly once again (I hope!) So keep a look-out for that... :)


Here's the list of products used for this card.. 
(Linked to Simon Says Stamp or their respective Stores)



I'll post soon.. Till then,
Have a nice day!!

Love,
Nikita.. :)

2 comments:

  1. WAOW......I dont know what more to say! Nikita I just love every bit of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) :) Thank you sooooo much Sharada!! :)

      Delete

Leave me some love!