Wednesday 21 August 2013

Scrapbook - Page #2: Sun, Birds, Clouds & Hexagons :)

This post is the SECOND post in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See first (cover) page here...
1

Hello Everyone!!

After being in hiatus for a few days with all the holidays and festivities going on, I took a craft & blog break. But I am here now and today I am going to share with you a page from the 5th Anniversary Scrapbook that I had promised. It is one of the 15 Pages that I made. So far, I've only shared the cover page.

{I originally wrote this post on the Beyond Grey Challenges Blog as a part of the "What's Up Crafty?" Segment. So basically, this is just a copy-paste with a little bit of editing to suit this blog :)}

Warning: Picture Heavy :)

This page was made to record the couple's move to Pune from Mumbai. If you know me and my posting style, you would know that I don't show the project just like that. I generally give sneak peeks of the project from different angles because I like to build the suspense :P and then when I have just about exhausted every possible angle, I show the final picture. I hope you have the patience... :P

Anyway, when I was planning the LO, I first decided what I was going to use as the Base Sheet. I selected one of the Pre-Printed Sheets from the My Sunshine 12x12 Paper Stack by Die Cuts With A View and that made the layout way easier than a blank page would have.


I started with adhering the picture to the top left of the page, a little lower than the ribbon. Then I cut out a journaling card from the For The Record 2, 12x12 Kit by Echo Park and adhered it under the Photo.

I really wanted to use hexagons on the LO because the page already had some, and I found this amazing 6x6 sheet in the My Mind's Eye Be Amazing Follow Your Heart Paper Pad that was perfect. So I cut a number of hexagons out and pasted them.
{Image Source: My Mind's Eye}

I added washi tape and a Wood Veneer Studio Calico Butterfly to add some dimension.

On the ribbon, I stamped 'Love You' using a Dear Lizzy Stamp. As the layout said 'You are my Sunshine' I added some clouds, cut out using Memory Box Puffy Clouds Die.

I added the Page Title on the top right of the page using the Lower Case Alphabet Dies from Memory Box, cut out from a colour co-ordinated piece of Scrap PP. I realised after I had adhered the alphabets, that it was a bit crooked, because I used the hexagons on the page as a guide to align my letters and what do you know, they were printed crooked. But it didn't look bad, so I let the be..
 I added more clouds here and a Wood Veneer Bird. :)

I did the same on the bottom right of the page as well. :) There was a tag like image printed on the extreme bottom right with blank lines and it felt weird to leave them blank. So I stamped the phrase 'True Love' from the Love2hug Stamp set by The Stamps of Life in Memento Cantaloupe Ink.

I did the journaling by hand and just between you and me, I messed up. When I was making this layout, I should have been halfway through my REM sleep, but I was up, 2 large mugs of coffee down, and that meant awake, but zombie-awake. So I spelt 'reluctance' a little wrong. 

The page was so perfect and the base sheet was obviously one where I could do the journaling on, directly without adding any more layers. So, I made the next sentence another paragraph and after the word 'Mumbai' I added some Washi Tape to cover up my blunder. TapeS, actually. And then I stamped some geometric shapes around them: Heart - Love2hug Set from Stamps of Life in Cantaloupe, Circle and Arrows from the Sunnier Days Simon Says Stamp Set in Rich Cocoa and Desert Sand, respectively. And I must say, it worked. Just to maintain the design, I stamped these three shapes on other parts of the page as well.. :)



And now that I have given you enough sneak peeks, 
I think it's time for me to show you the entire page. So here it is...

 

See following pages here...
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

I know that dragged on, but I couldn't resist. I hope there was some piece of useful information for you in that (very) long story ;)

I'll be back again soon, maybe with a card this time.. :)

But before I sign off, here's a list of the products I used to make this layout..




Others (Linked to Simon Says Stamp or their respective stores)



See you soon!!

Love,
Nikita..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!